waynet logo

Welcome to

Cambridge City

Indiana

CONTACT US

Cambridge City Area

Chamber of Commerce      

PO Box 206    

Cambridge City, IN 47327    

765-478-4689    

Email  us or submit a contact form                        

AREA LINKS

Site by            Cast Your Net Online

CYNO LOGO

Upcoming Events

Contact the Town of Cambridge City for utilities and permits:  

(765) 478-3522 or

cctownclerk@comcast.net

WW Banner 2018 Small

Cambridge City Town

Trick or Treat

October 31 from 6-8 p.m.

History

 

General Meredith

 

Historic Timeline

 

Historic Homes

 

Overbeck Pottery

 

Historic Landmarks

 

 

1787    Northwest Territory Created by an act of Congress.

1795    Treaty of Greenville opens settlement of the lands east of a line

            from the mouth of the Kentucky River to Fort Recovery, Ohio, the

             "Old Boundary Line".

1809   Treaty of Fort Wayne results in the Indians ceding a strip of land,

            12 miles wide, west of the "Old Boundary Line" to white settlement.

1811      Twelve Mile Purchase surveyed.

1812     War with England and fierce Indian fighting retard settlement.

1816     Indiana achieves statehood.

1817     Jackson Township created.

1827    National Road located through Wayne County

1836    Cambridge City founded.

1846    Whitewater Canal opened to Cambridge City.

1851     Township schools established.

1853    First train runs on the Indiana Central Railroad.

1861     First volunteers leave to fight the Civil War.

1870    Cambridge City District Agricultural Society organized.

History-Banner

Historic Timeline