Cambridge City Area
Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 206
Cambridge City, IN 47327
Site by Cast Your Net Online
Contact the Town of Cambridge City for utilities and permits:
(765) 478-3522 or
Cambridge City Town
Trick or Treat
October 31 from 6-8 p.m.
• Mount Airy, the Samuel H. Hoshour-Amick House (315 Sth Walnut St)
• The Conklin-Montgomery House (302 East Main St)
• The Meredith-Rice House (520 Meredith St)
• The Bertsch House (221 South Walnut St)
• The Scheidler/Biser House (National Road West)
• The Dinwiddie-Mattingly House (323 West Front St)
• The Martin Funk-Johnson House, (20 East Main St)
• The Swiggett House (130 West Main St)
• Rose Hill (South Meredith St)
• The Miller House (305 West Front St)
• The Abiram Boyd/Gerard House (101 West Church St)
Huddleston Farmhouse Inn & Museum
The historic structure is located on U. S. 40 just west of Cambridge City
and is open to the public. The staff and volunteers of the Museum
provide many, varied activities throughout the year to commemorate
the history of the farmhouse.
A grand Italianate three-story commercial building was built in 1868 on the north side of Main Street. The Opera House was the setting for a variety of entertainment venues: commencements, dances, meetings, conventions, concerts, minstrels, musicals, traveling shows, plays, flower shows, dinners, speeches, and comedies. The first floor of the building is still in use, but the Opera House has been silent since 1923 when a new high school provided a more modern auditorium for an entertainment center.
Internationally recognized Overbeck Pottery was hand-produced in Cambridge City from 1911-1955 by four daughters of John and Sarah Overbeck. The family home and studio is located at 520 East Church Street and is presently a private home. An Overbeck Museum displaying many of the sister's art is located at the Cambridge City Public Library on the lower floor.
The historic structure is located on Main Street in downtown
Cambridge City near the site of the Whitewater Canal. The Vinton
House provided lodging for guests that were being transported on the
Whitewater Canal. It is currently being restored by Western Wayne
Heritage, Inc., a group of citizens interested in preserving Western
Wayne's past. The Vinton House is now a 2-story antique shop.